What's the price tag?
- Skills and time
- Uses pre-existing web-building skills
- Minimal time necessary to learn mechanics of CD-burning
- Audio editing is relatively easy; video is more complicated
but freelance help may not be difficult or expensive to find
- Basic Web authoring can be done with less than $3,000 in
computer and scanning equipment
- CD writers: $500-$700
- Audio editing: $50 shareware plus cost of cassette player
- Video editing: $500 for software and hardware upgrades; add
additional funds for VCR if none is available
- To create Online Exhibition Sampler: less than one month FTE for all production management and some creative work; subsequent CDs took less time
- Production costs: $6,000 for 2,000 CDs, including cost to design and print 8 panel four-color insert.